CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 9 November 2008

Week of November 3 - 9 Entry #9

This week, I read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, because we were going to read this in English class quite soon. Somehow, I have read this book in Korean before, because when I was in Korean school, we did this in my Korean class. Then, two years ago, I read it once more in English. Hence, now I know the story pretty well. The story is about Santiago, a shepherd, journeying to find the treasure he found in his dreams. The plotline is simple, but this book is very philosophical. It seems to have a lot of themes and have many universal truths embeded in it.
To me, this book was a good book. I just liked the story itself and it gave me some nostalgia of when I was in Korean school. Besides that, I also venerate Santiago for being able to take the risk of selling everything he has to go on a journey that is so uncertain. I wish I could do that, but I don't think it would ever be possible for me to do such a thing. Anyhow, I am looking foward to read this book again in English class soon.

0 comments: