CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday 7 March 2008

Entry #5


Q. Entry of your choice: Create a synopsis for another ending for this novel so that it will have an opposite theme.


A. First, to explain about the question I created, I wanted to make a happy ending. This story ends with the fall of the animal farm. When I stopped in the middle of this book I imagined the animal farm prospering. Yet, it didn’t. As the story proceeded, Napoleon started to cheat over other animals, and break the rules of Animalism. So, based on the figure I have imagined, I have decided to make a synopsis (plot) of the animal farm which succeeds.

The exposition of my story is the same from the original. The animals rebel and kick Mr. Jones out of the Manor Farm. It is the same until Snowball was kicked out. They also make the idea of Animalism too. However, the story changes right before the animals vote for their leader.

Despite all the cheating of Napoleon, Snowball wins the vote and becomes the leader of the Animal Farm. Unlike Napoleon, Snowball was generous enough to leave Napoleon inside the Animal Farm as a member, but Napoleon leaves the farm by himself. He believes that the farm will fail with Snowball as a leader. After leaving the farm, Snowball governs the farm wisely. Until Mr. Jones calls the police to retreat the farm, the animals live in peace without doubt about their farm. After a while, Mr. Jones tries to return to the animal farm with force using the police. When the police comes, the animals in the farm panic, but soon, they start to follow Snowball’s order again. Snowball makes the animals to become obedient as normal animals, so that the police would think Mr. Jones as a crazy man, and eventually, their plan work. And the night Mr. Jones come back, they rebel again and exile Mr. Jones out of the Animal Farm. From that time, Mr. Jones doesn’t make an attempt to retrieve his farm, and the Animal Farm lives happily ever after. Though Napoleon returns with more tempting speech skills and ideas in the middle of the stories, the animals do not get brainwashed because they get educated in the farm under Snowball’s policy.

Because I wrote the opposite ending of the story animal farm, this story pretty much became a novel that praises the greatness of democracy. Personally, I didn’t like my writing after I finished writing because this story feels so hackneyed. It is like a cliché, which is too obvious. By writing this synopsis, I learned a lesson that whenever I have to change the ending of a story, I shouldn’t blindly make it the opposite because the story can get boring and changing the theme doesn’t always turn out well in all stories.

0 comments: